Atlanta’s latest rapper-on-the-rise made heads turn two summers ago with his single “Hood Figga” and a guest appearance on Yung Joc’s “Bottle Poppin.'” Now with his sophomore album Don’t Feed Da Animals dropping today, Rap-Up.com fed 10 questions to Gorilla Zoe, including his favorite ride, craziest thing he did recently, and the one item he never leaves home without.
1. Favorite car? Right now it’s the Dodge Challenger SRT8.
2. What was it like collaborating with Rick Ross on “What It Is”? He’s just an awesome rapper—lyrically, he’s one of the best. We brought a brand new flow. Everything I’m doing this year is gonna be new.
3. Dream collaboration? As far as production, Dr. Dre.
4. Craziest thing you did recently? The other day it was snowing when we came back home, so me and a couple of friends came outside and jumped in the pool. My pool is heated, so it’s like some player shit.
5. Most exciting place to perform? I wanna say the Philips Arena on New Year’s Eve. We brought in New Years on stage rockin’ out Atlanta! It was packed to the max. It was in my own city, so it was crack!
6. One item you never travel without? My wallet, ’cause then I can buy everything. You can buy another phone or laptop, but you can’t buy another wallet or credit cards.
7. Describe your first performance. I was in Memphis, Tenn., opening for Yung Joc. Nobody heard of that “Hood Nigga.” They wanted to annihilate the boy. I was so high from trying to calm that nervous shit down, I couldn’t move, so I was standing in one place rapping and shit. People were like, “Get yo’ motherfu**in’ ass off stage.”
8. Favorite foods to eat on tour? If I’m on the coast, I like to eat seafood. If I’m in the Midwest, I like to eat steak or BBQ. It all depends on where I’m at.
9. Favorite rapper? André 3000
10. Favorite clothing designer? Sean John, but I’m not biased. He has some dope shit.
–Reported by Nadia Chanté