Michael Jackson is reigning over the album charts even after his passing.
According to figures provided by Nielsen SoundScan, Michael Jackson’s catalog of solo albums sold 1.1 million copies in the U.S. in the tracking week ending June 12. Since his death on June 25, this represents the third straight week that Jackson’s album sales have come in at double and triple digits.
American consumers have purchased more than 2.3 million Michael Jackson albums in less than three weeks, Billboard reports. The singer’s Number Ones collection is the top-selling album in the United States for the third week in a row with 349,000 copies sold.
Jackson rules Billboard’s Top Pop Catalog Albums chart with the first 12 positions featuring the singer’s collections. The chart tracks sales for albums that are more than 18 months old, have fallen below No. 100 on the Billboard 200, and are not currently on radio as a single.
Top Pop Catalog Albums Chart (Week Ending 7/12/2009)
1. Michael Jackson – Number Ones
2. Michael Jackson – The Essential Michael Jackson
3. Michael Jackson – Thriller
4. Michael Jackson – Off the Wall
5. Michael Jackson – Bad
6. Michael Jackson – Dangerous
7. Jackson 5 – The Ultimate Collection
8. Jackson 5 – The Best of Jackson 5: 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection
9. Michael Jackson – Greatest Hits: HIStory — Volume 1
10. Michael Jackson – HIStory: Past, Present, and Future Book 1
11. Michael Jackson – Invincible
12. Michael Jackson – The Ultimate Collection