Hip-hop meets Halloween with Rap-Up.com’s first-ever pumpkin carving contest. With the holiday right around the corner, we’re looking for the best hip-hop-inspired jack-o’-lanterns. So sharpen those knives and start carving! It may just win you a spooktacular prize. Details below.
1ST PRIZE: T-Mobile Dash 3G
T-Mobile’s sleek smartphone features a full keyboard, 3G technology, Wi-Fi, video capture, Stereo Bluetooth, and more. Valued at $350.
2ND PRIZE: DJ Hero
From the makers of Guitar Hero comes an entirely new way to experience music. Spin and scratch more than 100 songs from artists like Eminem, Jay-Z, and Black Eyed Peas using the authentic turntable controller. Valued at $120.
3RD PRIZE: Logitech Pure-Fi Express Plus
Bump music from your iPod or iPhone with Logitech’s portable speaker dock and alarm clock. Valued at $120.
• Carve out a hip-hop or R&B-themed pumpkin like the one seen here. It can be a rapper, R&B singer, or any other design inspired by the music.
• Snap a photo of your pumpkin and send it in along with your name.
• Take the best picture possible. Tip: Lighting your pumpkin from the inside will make for a better photo.
• Make sure you tell us what the pumpkin is supposed to be in the e-mail in case there’s any uncertainty.
• Rap-Up will review all submissions and select three jack-o’-lanterns to win the three prizes. We may even feature your creation on Rap-Up.com.
• Winners will be chosen based on originality, creativity, and technique.
• All entries must be received by Friday, October 30, at 8 p.m. PST.