Dondria certainly knows how to put on a show. Just check out her YouTube channel, which has nabbed 3 million views and counting. It’s the reason Jermaine Dupri signed her to his label, So So Def Records. The day she got the call, Dondria thought it was a joke.
“When he called my phone, he left a message,” she reveals. “I called everybody in my phone book! I put the message on three-way, like, ‘Oh my gosh, does this sound like him?’” It did, and Dondria flew to Atlanta and has been working with J.D. ever since. Two singles (“Can’t Stop” and “You’re the One”) and a mixtape of R&B remixes (Dondria Duets) later, and now the Sachse, Texas native is readying her debut album, Dondria vs. Phatfffat.
After flying home from Atlanta, Rap-Up.com caught up with the 22-year-old songstress to discuss what Phatfffat loves to eat, her ideal duet, and the first thing she does in the morning.
1. Your nickname is Phatfffat because of how much you eat, but your album is called Dondria vs. Phatfffat. Why is there a battle between the personalities?
2. What are three of Phatfffat’s favorite things to eat right now?
3. What are your pet peeves?
4. What would you say to someone who wants to be a YouTube sensation like yourself?
5. What fashion staples do you need in your closet?
6. You’ve done a mixtape of duets to popular R&B songs. If you could duet with anyone, who would it be and what song would you sing?
7. How is your family handling your success?
8. What do you miss about being away from Texas?
9. When you wake up in the morning, what’s the first thing you do?
10. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
Listen to Dondria’s new single “You’re the One,” produced by Jermaine Dupri and Bryan-Michael Cox, from her debut album Dondria vs. Phatfffat.
Leave a Reply
MOST READ STORIES OF THE WEEK
©Copyright 2013 Rap-Up.com. Rap-Up® is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. VPS hosting by (mt)
Rap-Up is a member of SPIN Music Group, a division of BUZZMEDIA.