The skies were dreary in New York City during Jeremih’s recent visit to the Def Jam offices, yet the Chicago native didn’t allow the sun’s game of hide-and-seek to put a damper on his day. Though when it came to his attire, that was another story entirely. Prepared with only a cardigan, the R&B singer was disappointed he couldn’t rock a T-shirt without feeling cold. “I thought it was going to be hot!” he lamented.
Weathering the storm of first album jitters, Jeremih is levelheaded for his sophomore release, All About You (Sept. 28). For this effort, he reunited with the lucky charm he used on his debut: Mick Schultz. The beatmaker crafted all of the tracks set to appear on the crooner’s second album. On top of that, Jeremih already has collabo clout with the likes of Ludacris (“I Like”) and 50 Cent (“Down on Me”). Expect some lyrical growth from the 23-year-old as he creatively tackles subjects of abandonment, physical friction, and insomnia.
Jeremih was his chipper self, shining in place of the absent sun as he let loose with Rap-Up.com to discuss his drink of choice, the song he thinks Nicki Minaj should sample, and the name of his pet turtle. Here’s what he had to say.
1. When is the last time you took a trip back home?
2. When you go to an event, what do you order at the bar without fail?
3. Finish this sentence: This date is over when…
4. What do you think would be a hot track for you or another artist to sample?
5. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names?
6. Summer is coming to a close. If there could be one season year-round, what season would you want it to be?
7. What type of perfume or cologne can’t you stand?
8. You recently judged a talent competition for Dwyane Wade’s “Chicago’s Got Talent.” If you could be the next judge on “American Idol,” what would you look for in a contestant?
9. Has anything or anyone inspired you in the last 24 hours?
10. What else do you want to accomplish in your lifetime?
Leave a Reply
MOST READ STORIES OF THE WEEK