Goblins, ghosts, and Gucci Mane, oh my! Rap-Up.com’s pumpkin carving contest is back by popular demand. With less than a week to go before Halloween, we’re once again looking for the best hip-hop-inspired jack-o’-lanterns. So bust out those knives and start carving! It may just win you Denon headphones, a Flip MinoHD cam, Logitech iPod speaker, and/or a copy of Rihanna’s new photo book. Enter below!
1ST PRIZE: Denon AH-D2000 Advanced Over-Ear Headphones, Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S315i, and Rihanna’s Photo Book ($480)
The superior headphone housing used in Denon’s AH-D2000 to produce high-quality sound is made of materials yielding exceptional acoustic characteristics ensuring faithful reproduction of the original sound. Compound metal is used to increase density, making the sound more stable and clear. Valued at $350.
Logitech’s S315i rechargeable speaker lets you enjoy up to 20 hours of accurately-reproduced music from your iPod or iPhone—at home or on the go. Valued at $100.
Rihanna’s 144-page photography book, available in trade paperback and hardcover editions from Rizzoli Publications, is a visual chronicle of one of the world’s most-talked-about performing artists and fashion icons. Valued at $30.
2ND PRIZE: Flip MinoHD and Rihanna’s Photo Book ($260)
Shoot up to two hours of stunning HD video on the easy-to-use Flip MinoHD (8GB) featuring image stabilization to produce incredibly clear and steady HD video. Valued at $230.
3RD PRIZE: Denon AH-C560R In-Ear Headphones and Rihanna’s Photo Book ($130)
Part of Denon’s exclusive Mobile Elite series, the AH-560R in-ear headphones combine the latest technologies with an inline three-button remote that can control select iPod and iPhone models, and includes a microphone that lets you record voice memos and answer calls on your iPhone. Valued at $100.
• Carve out a hip-hop or R&B-themed pumpkin like the ones seen here. It can be a rapper, R&B singer, or any other design inspired by the music.
• Snap a photo of your pumpkin and send it in along with your name to [email protected].
• Take the best picture possible. Tip: Lighting your pumpkin from the inside will make for a better photo.
• Make sure you tell us what the pumpkin is supposed to be in the email in case there’s any uncertainty.
• Rap-Up will review all submissions and select three jack-o’-lanterns to win the prizes. We may even feature your creation on Rap-Up.com.
• Winners will be chosen based on originality, creativity, and technique.
• All entries must be received by Saturday, October 30, at 7 p.m. EST.