The tasty treats may have been the first spotting upon entering The Marcel at Gramercy Hotel in New York City. But it wasn’t mini burgers, jumbo onion rings, mozzarella sticks, or bowls of pink and red Starbursts that drew in the crowd. It was hip-hop phenom Wiz Khalifa, who entered the room wearing a jean jacket, camouflage BBC hoodie, navy Chuck Taylors, and a backwards cap. The “Black and Yellow” rapper wasted no time introducing himself before taking flicks and chatting with well wishers.
Wiz has more than one reason to be flying high. Rolling Papers, his Atlantic Records debut, is in stores now. With production from Stargate and Jim Jonsin, and appearances from Too $hort, Chevy Woods, and Curren$y, the Pittsburgh MC quells his detractors, especially those who say he’s gone pop. “Everything takes time, so with time will come the healing…for those who think that. Everybody else thinks it’s great!” he says with a smile.
Sitting down with Rap-Up.com, Wiz fires off answers to questions including who he’d most like to smoke with, which actor would play him in a biopic, the rapper that left him starstruck, and the craziest rumor he’s heard about himself. He does so carefree because these days, he has two types of paper to roll.
1. How many tattoos do you have, and which is your favorite?
2. If you could smoke with anyone, who would it be?
3. Do you have any nicknames aside from Wiz?
4. Name a song that you wish you had recorded.
5. Have you ever been starstruck?
6. If you could cast any actor to play you in a movie, who would it be?
7. What is the craziest rumor you’ve heard about yourself?
8. Some have criticized Rolling Papers for being too commercial sounding. What do you say to those critics?
9. What’s one thing you want to do before you die?
10. Describe your life in three words.
Leave a Reply
©Copyright 2014 Rap-Up.com. Rap-Up® is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. VPS hosting by (mt)