The young gentlemen of Hamilton Park may rehearse as hard as the Jackson 5, but there’s certainly no fighting over who gets to be Michael. “It’s like that show, ‘Captain Planet,’” Mr. Marcus tells Rap-Up.com. “We each have different powers but with our powers combined…”
Inside a lounge at Atlantic Records in New York City, the R&B quartet (Mr. Marcus Lee, Royce P., Chris Voice, and Anthony)—who is the first act signed to Andre Harrell’s label Harrell Records—sits at attention, eyes gleaming with an amalgamation of excitement, innocence, and anticipation. They’re newbies to the music game, clad in matching plaid button-downs and ready to answer anything—even things they probably shouldn’t.
The Atlanta group’s single, “Thing Called Us,” brings velvety harmonies and a youthful charm that provides their female admirers something new to fan themselves about outside of the overrated teen pop phenoms. They’ll do it all for the love of music—just don’t expect to see them on “Jersey Shore.”
1. You were influenced by Jodeci, 112, and Jagged Edge. What aspect of ’90s R&B groups do you try to emulate?
2. What is your greatest fear as an artist?
3. When you’re on stage or in rehearsals, who are you singing to?
4. What would you do for a Grammy?
5. What do you sing in the shower?
6. Who in the group grew up with the strictest parents?
7. What do you like to read?
8. Which reality show star irritates you the most?
9. Are you guys into other types of art besides music?
10. Have you guys taken the New York subway yet?
Words by Rajul Punjabi | Photo by Sydney George
Leave a Reply
MOST READ STORIES OF THE WEEK
©Copyright 2014 Rap-Up.com. Rap-Up® is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
A Member of Townsquare Music | Advertise