Break out the knives. Rap-Up’s pumpkin carving contest is back for a third year. With Halloween around the corner, we’re once again looking for the best hip-hop-inspired jack-o’-lanterns. Past entries have included a parental advisory sticker, Michael Jackson tribute, and even a dressed up Lil Wayne. This year we’re hoping to see a Nicki Minaj or two, Tyler, the Creator, or maybe a pumpkin inspired by Jay-Z and Kanye West’s Watch the Throne. The best creations will win some dope products and be featured on Rap-Up.com. Check out the prizes and enter below!
1ST PRIZE: Sony Bloggie 3D Camera ($250)
Capture your favorite moments in 3D with the Sony Bloggie 3D. Small enough to fit in a pocket, the innovative camera shoots up to four hours of photos and high-definition video in 3D and 2D. Play back your memories on the LCD without the use of 3D glasses.
2ND AND 3RD PRIZES: Swatch New Gent Watch ($70)
Add some style to your wrist with the New Gent Collection from Swatch. The unisex watches offer fashion at an affordable price and are available in 10 trendy colors including red, black, white, and purple. Jessie J can be seen rocking them in her video for “Who’s Laughing Now.”
• Carve out a hip-hop or R&B-themed pumpkin. It can be a rapper, R&B singer, or any other design inspired by the music.
• Snap a photo of your pumpkin and send it in along with your name to [email protected].
• Take the best picture possible. Tip: Lighting your pumpkin from the inside will make for a better photo.
• Make sure you tell us what the pumpkin is supposed to be in the email in case there’s any uncertainty.
• Rap-Up will review all submissions and select three jack-o’-lanterns to win the prizes. We may even feature your creation on Rap-Up.com.
• Winners will be chosen based on originality, creativity, and technique.
• All entries must be received by Sunday, October 30, at 8 p.m. EST.