With his wife Tiny, David Banner, and comedian Lil Duval in attendance, T.I. previewed a selection of tracks from his eighth album, Trouble Man, in New York City last night.
Calling the album a mixture of “vintage T.I.” with more mainstream songs, the follow-up to 2010’s No Mercy features a slew of guests including R. Kelly, Pink, André 3000, and Kendrick Lamar, who is featured on the Gotye-sampled “Somebody I Used to Know.” Production ranges from southern staples like DJ Toomp and Jazze Pha to hitmakers No I.D. and T-Minus.
“One thing about my life is trouble,” Tip laughed about the album’s title, fueled by his detractors. “Trouble Man is that eloquent way of saying ‘Fuck you’ to those that deserve it.”
Although he shared 12 cuts—enough to make a complete album—T.I. said that he recorded well over 100 songs and that the final tracklisting has yet to be determined.
2. “Somebody I Used to Know” feat. B.o.B and Kendrick Lamar (prod by Keno)
3. “Ball” feat. Lil Wayne
4. “Trap Back Jumpin'” (produced by DJ Toomp)
5. “Wild Side” feat. A$AP Rocky (produced by No I.D.)
6. “Trouble Man” feat. R. Kelly (produced by DJ Monte)
7. “Guns N Roses” feat. Pink (produced by T-Minus)
8. “Sorry” feat. André 3000 (produced by Jazze Pha)
9. “Hello” feat. CeeLo Green (produced by Pharrell)
10. “Who Wants Some” (produced by DJ Toomp)
11. “Address” (produced by T-Minus)
12. “How Wonderful Life Is” feat. Akon (produced by Sanchez)