Lil Wayne is headed home. The hip-hop superstar has been released from the hospital after suffering a seizure last week.
Young Money president Mack Maine tweeted the good news, thanking hospital staff at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles, where Weezy spent the past six days.
“Thanks to Cedar Sinai for everything!!!” said Mack. “@LilTunechi has been officially been released and is headed home….God is great.”
The 30-year-old rapper was admitted to the hospital last Tuesday, according to Birdman. He was released from the ICU on Monday and was reportedly eating and walking on his own.
“He’s doing much, much better and he’s in good shape right now,” Birdman told Angie Martinez earlier in the day.
The Cash Money boss also denied reports that Wayne’s seizure was due to a drug overdose. Instead, he attributed it to a grueling work schedule and lack of rest.
UPDATE: Birdman has also tweeted about Wayne’s release. “God Bless.my son just release frm hospital.thanks 4 all tha luv.YMCMB.Richgang,” he said.
Leave a Reply
MOST READ STORIES OF THE WEEK
©Copyright 2014 Rap-Up.com. Rap-Up® is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
A Member of Townsquare Music | Advertise