Kanye West may not be the most-liked celebrity, but you can’t deny his passion. During the second part of his sit-down with Zane Lowe on BBC Radio 1, the G.O.O.D. Music mastermind spoke about his role in pop culture, his relationship with corporations, and the misconceptions about himself. While there were many highlights, we’ve compiled 10 of the best quotes from the interview below.
1. “When I say, ‘Clean water was only served to the fairer skin,’ what I’m saying is we’re making product with chitlins, T-shirts that’s the most we can make. We can have our best perspective on T-shirts, but if it’s anything else, your Truman Show boat is hitting the wall.”
2. “I want to make uniforms for my high school basketball team through brand Yeezy.”
3. “I eventually want to be the anchor of the first trillion-dollar company.”
4. “I never really liked ['Gold Digger'], but I always knew that I would get paid for doing ‘Gold Digger.’”
5. “I like some of the Gaga songs. What the fuck does she know about cameras?” he said in reference to the pop star’s deal with Polaroid.
6. “When someone comes up and says something like, ‘I am a god,’ everybody says, ‘Who does he think he is?’ I just told you who I thought I was, a god. I just told you!”
7. “I was taught I can do everything and I’m Kanye West at age 36, so just watch the next 10 years.”
8. “People think a lot of my motivation is very megalomaniac and self-oriented. To the contrary completely. I just want to help.”
9. “I put on that pink Polo and said ‘broke, broke’ and broke through that TV and now you got an interview with me.”
10. “I’m a post modernist at best as a career. I’m a futurist mentally.”
Watch the second part of his interview below. If you missed part one, see it here.
Leave a Reply
MOST READ STORIES OF THE WEEK
©Copyright 2014 Rap-Up.com. Rap-Up® is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
A Member of Townsquare Music | Advertise