Mark Ronson has already topped the charts with his Bruno Mars-assisted hit “Uptown Funk,” and on Tuesday, the Grammy-winning producer will release his fourth album Uptown Special.
Inspired by his early days as a DJ in New York City in the ’90s, the 11 tracks were written and produced with Jeff Bhasker (Kanye West, Drake) over 18 months in London, Memphis, Los Angeles, and NYC.
In addition to Bruno, the album includes contributions from Mystikal on the James Brown-inspired “Feel Right,” Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker, Miike Snow’s Andrew Wyatt, newcomer Keyone Starr, and the legendary Stevie Wonder. The majority of the lyrics were written by Pulitzer-winning American novelist Michael Chabon.
“I’ve made something so good that people don’t actually think it’s me,” Ronson said in a recent interview.
Uptown Special Tracklisting
1. “Uptown’s First Finale” feat. Stevie Wonder & Andrew Wyatt
2. “Summer Breaking” feat. Kevin Parker
3. “Feel Right” feat. Mystikal
4. “Uptown Funk” feat. Bruno Mars
5. “I Can’t Lose” feat. Keyone Starr
6. “Daffodils” feat. Kevin Parker
7. “Crack in the Pearl” feat. Andrew Wyatt
8. “In Case of Fire” feat. Jeff Bhasker
9. “Leaving Los Feliz” feat. Kevin Parker
10. “Heavy and Rolling” feat. Andrew Wyatt
11. “Crack in the Pearl, Pt. II” feat. Stevie Wonder & Jeff Bhasker