BET celebrated the achievements of Whitney Houston, Sean “Diddy” Combs, and Queen Latifah at the 3rd Annual BET Honors taped at Warner Theatre in Washington, D.C., on Saturday (Jan. 16). Among the evening’s highlights…
• Jennifer Hudson sang the praises of her idol Whitney Houston with her rendition of “I Will Always Love You” as Houston looked on.
• Jazmine Sullivan performed soul-stirring interpretations of “Unforgettable” and “Rock Steady” for Queen Latifah.
• Stevie Wonder and Trey Songz raised eyebrows by dueting on Trey’s raunchy single “I Invented Sex,” and hit a more somber note with their tribute to the late Teddy Pendergrass on “Wake Up Everybody” with special guest India.Arie.
• Mary J. Blige showed appreciation to the man who helped launch her career, Diddy, by singing a medley of her hits including “Love No Limit,” “I Love You,” and “Be Happy.”
• Maxwell closed the show with “Fistful of Tears” and “Bad Habits” from his Grammy-nominated album BLACKsummers’night.
Read the rest of this entry »