To the oblivious eye, bridges are just structures that cross water and connect bodies of land. Grandmaster Flash built his bridge to connect to hip-hop, making his building blocks out of turntables and a mixer. On March 3, the hip-hop veteran will debut his album, The Bridge.
Rap-Up.com got the chance to ear-hug his set, settled in at Chung King Studios in New York City. While there, Flash reveals that the effort took two years to complete and was solely produced by himself. “I came up with this album so no two songs sounded alike, sort of like when I DJ,”Â he explains.
Check out the official tracklisting below, which includes 20 never-before-heard tracks featuring Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg, and a few more of hip-hop’s elite from all around the globe.
2. “Shine All Day” featuring Q-Tip, Kel Spencer, & Jumz
3. “We Speak Hip-Hop” featuring KRS-One, Afasi, Kase-O, Maccho, & Abass
4. “Here Comes My DJ” featuring DJ Kool & DJ Demo
5. “Bounce Back” featuring Busta Ryhmes
6. “Swagger” featuring Red Cafe, Snoop Dogg, & Lyn Carter
7. “What If” featuring KRS-One
9. “Tribute to the Breakdancer” featuring MC Supernatural
10. “Can I Take You Higher”Â featuring Mr. Cheek, Grandmaster Caz, & Tito
11. “Grown & Sexy”Â featuring Lordikim Allah
12. “When I Get There”Â featuring Big Daddy Kane & Hedonis Da Amazon
14. “I Got Somethin’ to Say” featuring Lord Ikim Allah, J-Flo, & Almighty Thor
15. “Unpredictable”Â featuring Syndee & Big Daddy Kane
16. “Those Chix”Â featuring Byata, Princess Superstar, & Hedonis Da Amazon
17. “Bronx Bombers”Â featuring Lordikim Allah, Almighty Thor, & Mann Child
19. “Oh Man (Intro)”Â
20. “Oh Man”Â featuring Syndee & Natacha Atlas
Photos by Cassidy “Sparrow” Maldonado