Future Dropped from Drake Tour, Filing $1.5 Million Lawsuit
A new feud has emerged in hip-hop. Just days away from the “Would You Like a Tour?” launch, Drake has kicked Future off his tour, and in turn Future is reportedly suing him for $1.5 million.
According to Page Six, Drake demanded that the “Honest” rapper be removed from his tour after reading an unfavorable interview on Billboard.com, in which he criticized Drake’s album Nothing Was the Same.
He was quoted as saying: “Drake made an album that is full of hits but it doesn’t grab you. They’re not possessive; they don’t make you feel the way I do.'”
The story was later removed after Future’s managers claimed that his quotes were off the record and taken out of context.
However, Drake was so angry that he immediately demanded Future be pulled from the tour. “He told his agent either Future gets fired, or he’ll fire him,” a source told Page Six.
Future was fired, but there were negotiations to bring him back late last week. However, he pulled out for good over the weekend after Drake’s camp demanded he make financial concessions.
Future, who was set to earn about $40,000 per show, is set to file a lawsuit this week against Drake for lost wages in the amount of $1.5 million.
Reps for both Drake and Future had no comment. A rep for Billboard told Page Six: “We regret that miscommunication surrounding Future’s recent visit, one that seemed clear to us was on the record, may have caused any trouble for the artist.”
Future was set to join Drake and Miguel on the 39-city “Would You Like a Tour?” trek, which kicks off Friday in Pittsburgh.