Suge Knight Kills Man in Hit-and-Run

Suge Knight allegedly ran over and killed a man during a hit-and-run in Compton on Thursday (Jan. 29).

According to TMZ, the notorious rap mogul got into a fight while on set of a film project, where Dr. Dre, Game, and Ice Cube were shooting.

Me x Dre x Cube today. #Compton

Une photo publiée par The Game (@comptonzmostwanted) le

A fight reportedly broke out between Suge and two crew members. Suge returned to his car, put the vehicle in reverse, and ran over a bystander before fleeing the scene.

The two men who fought Suge were said to be the instigators. Sources say that Suge was scared because of his frail health. He was shot six times during a pre-VMA after-party last August, and recently almost died from a blood clot.

The victim is reportedly Terry Carter, who is a friend of Suge’s. A second man, Cle “Bone” Sloane, who’s appeared in movies including Training Day and End of Watch, suffered non-life threatening injuries.

Paramedics arrived and attempted to resuscitate the victim, but he was unresponsive.

“When he runs over Bone, Terry’s in the driveway, in front of his car, and he runs over Terry, smashes his head and everything,” said a bystander, who filmed the incident on his phone. “He’s not even breathing. They’re trying to resuscitate him right now. Don’t look like he gonna make it.”

There was a passenger in Suge’s car, who will be a critical witness in the hit-and-run.

UPDATE: Cops have formally arrested Suge Knight on murder charges, and his bail has been set at $2 million. Witnesses claim Suge threw his car in reverse twice, and they believe he intended to hit one of the people with whom he was fighting. He was seen smoking a cigar as he surrendered early Friday morning (Jan. 30) at a West Hollywood police station.

The sheriff’s department is currently investigating, and Suge’s lawyer maintains that he was in fear for his life. “We feel strongly that Mr. Knight did not do anything wrong in this matter,” James Blatt told reporters. “He was attacked by a number of individuals. … He left the scene because he was in fear for his safety and life.”