The show won’t go on for Iggy Azalea. The “Fancy” rapper has canceled her “Great Escape Tour.”
An email was sent out to ticketholders on Friday (via Billboard) informing them of the news.
“The Iggy Azalea Great Escape Tour scheduled for this fall has been canceled and refunds are available at point of purchase,” the email reads. “There will be a new tour planned around Iggy’s new record to be released in 2016 and we apologize for any inconvenience.”
Ticketmaster also lists several dates as canceled. As of press time, Iggy had not commented on the cancellation.
The North American trek had been slated to kick off Sept. 18 in San Diego. In March, Iggy rescheduled the tour due to “production delays.” Supporting acts Tinashe and Nick Jonas also pulled out as a result.
“It’s important to Iggy that she delivers the show she envisaged to share with her fans and that requires more time in development,” her label Def Jam said at the time.
Iggy is in the studio working on the follow-up to her 2014 debut The New Classic, due next year.
UPDATE: It’s official. Iggy took to Twitter to inform her fans of the cancellation and apologized for letting them down. She said that she will tour again once her next album is complete.
As u may know, the tour is cancelled. I'm so sad and sorry to let my fans down…we'll be back out on the road when the next album is done.
— IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) May 29, 2015
The cancellations don't include Pittsburgh Pride, Ottawa Bluesfest, Québec Summer Festival, or Washington State Fair. Still coming to those!
— IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) May 30, 2015