Ten years after The Game’s groundbreaking debut, the sequel—The Documentary 2—is finally here. At least, half of it is—the other half of the double-disc set will become available next week. For now, what we have is 19 tracks of hard-hitting tough talk, with maybe the most impressive list of guests and producers of any release this year.
The Game loves collaborators—he’s tapped Dr. Dre, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Puff Daddy, Ice Cube, Future, DeJ Loaf, Fergie, and more for cameos, while the list of producers includes Kanye West, Jahlil Beats, will.i.am, Cool & Dre, Mike WiLL Made-It, DJ Premier, Boi-1da, Hit-Boy, and Cardo.
According to Game, Dre called The Documentary 2 “the best hip-hop album in the last five years,” while Busta Rhymes proclaimed it “the best hip-hop album this year.”
You can buy D2 on iTunes, stream it below via Spotify, and look out for the second disc (which he’s titled The Documentary 2.5) on Oct. 16.
The Documentary 2.5 Tracklisting
1. “New York Skit”
2. “Magnus Carlsen” feat. Anderson .Paak
3. “Crenshaw/80s and Cocaine” feat. Anderson .Paak and Sonyae
4. “Gang Bang Anyway” feat. Jay Rock and Schoolboy Q
5. “The Ghetto” feat. Nas & will.i.am
6. “From Adam” feat. Lil Wayne
7. “Gang Related” feat. Asia
8. “Last Time You Seen” feat. Scarface and Stacy Barthe
9. “Intoxicated” feat. Deion
10. “Quik’s Groove (The One)” feat. DJ Quik, Sevyn Streeter, and Micah
11. “Outside” feat. E-40, Mvrcus Blvck & Lil E
12. “Up On The Wall” feat. Problem, Ty Dolla $ign, and YG
13. “Sex Skit”
14. “My Flag/Da Homies” feat. Ty Dolla $ign, Jay 305, AD, Mitch E-Slick, Joe Moses, RJ, and Scheme
15. “Moment of Violence” feat. King Mez, JT, and Jon Connor
16. “Like Father Like Son 2” feat. Busta Rhymes
18. “El Chapo” feat. Skrillex (Bonus)