Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Reveal 'This Unruly Mess I've Made' Tracklisting
With less than two weeks to go, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have revealed the tracklisting for their album This Unruly Mess I’ve Made. On the follow-up to 2012’s Grammy-winning The Heist, the Seattle duo calls on a mix of old school and new school including YG, Chance the Rapper, KRS-One, Leon Bridges, and DJ Premier. Actor Idris Elba even guests on “Dance Off” alongside Dr. Dre signee Anderson .Paak.
Additionally, Ed Sheeran sings on “Growing Up,” a tribute to Macklemore’s daughter Sloan, while hip-hop vets Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, and Grandmaster Caz appear on the lead single “Downtown.” The Black Lives Matter-inspired track “White Privilege II” is also included in the 13-track set.
In January, Macklemore explained the title in an open letter to fans. “Look at the mess. Not just the one we created, but the one that is the very fabric of our country,” he said. “The mess we’re all living in. Stop being silent. Even if it’s not perfect, or politically correct, you have to speak up and you have to listen.”
This Unruly Mess I’ve Made arrives Feb. 26. See the tracklisting below.
This Unruly Mess I’ve Made Tracklisting
1. “Light Tunnels” feat. Mike Slap
2. “Downtown” feat. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, and Grandmaster Caz
3. “Brad Pitt’s Cousin” feat. XP
4. “Buckshot” feat. KRS-One and DJ Premier
5. “Growing Up” feat. Ed Sheeran
6. “Kevin” feat. Leon Bridges
7. “St. Ides”
8. “Need to Know” feat. Chance the Rapper
9. “Dance Off” feat. Idris Elba and Anderson .Paak
10. “Let’s Eat” feat. XP
11. “Bolo Tie” feat. YG
12. “The Train” feat. Carla Morrison
13. “White Privilege II” feat. Jamila Woods
In honor of Valentine’s Day, the duo has also released a song that won’t appear on the album called “Spoons,” on which Macklemore serenades a special lady. “‘Cause my girl’s thick / She got a booty, mane / And a big ol’ belly lookin’ like Gucci Mane,” he raps.