XXXTentacion is suing the woman that he reportedly hit in a video. The controversial chart-topper claims she lied about the incident and that she asked for $300,000 in exchange for silence, according to TMZ.
The fraud and defamation lawsuit alleges that the woman’s grandparents asked XXXTentacion’s manager what they would be willing to do to “make everything good” after the video came out. He also claims she asked for the $300,000 payout by threatening to hold a press conference about the matter.
“XXXTentacion is innocent, he would never hit a woman” “X is better than that” pic.twitter.com/XIwSRuISlK
— Ethan Binotto (@ethan_binotto) March 26, 2018
Last month, the woman addressed the incident on Instagram. “For those who are questioning why I didn’t come forth earlier,” she wrote. “[It] was because I was terrified for my life. Imagine someone doing that to u unprovoked.? At 16? Let alone the people he associated himself w/? … I would still be holding on to this secret if it wasn’t leaked.”
At the same time, XXXTentacion’s lawyer Jaclyn Broudy also addressed the statement. “This ‘terrified’ woman decides to post this video now, conveniently, when [XXX] becomes famous,” she said. “Draw your own conclusions.”
X also claims that the woman admitted to horseplay and that she was not injured during the incident. He says the family is trying to take advantage of his pending legal issues. Outside of this, Tentacion is awaiting trial for allegedly beating his then-pregnant ex-girlfriend. Despite the controversy, XXXTentacion’s debut album ? opened at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.