Mac Miller

Mac Miller Died of Accidental Overdose of Fentanyl, Cocaine, and Alcohol

Mac Miller’s cause of death has been revealed.

The 26-year-old rapper died of an accidental overdose of fentanyl, cocaine, and alcohol, according to a toxicology report released by the L.A. County Coroner’s Office. The Coroner ruled his death an accidental overdose due to mixed drug toxicity. The amount of each drug was not necessarily a lethal amount, but the combination is what killed him.

According to the report (via TMZ), Mac’s assistant found him unresponsive on his bed in a “praying position,” kneeling forward with his face resting on his knees. The assistant described him as already being “blue” during the 911 call.

There was a 1/4-inch cut on the bridge of his nose, and there was blood coming out of one nostril. An empty bottle of alcohol was found on the nightstand, and a bottle of prescription pills was found in the bathroom. A rolled up $20 bill with white powdery residue was also found in his right pocket.

Miller, born Malcolm James McCormick, died around noon on Sept. 7 in a bedroom of his Studio City, Calif. home. He was found unresponsive and pronounced dead at the scene.

His friends paid tribute to him during the “Mac Miller: A Celebration of Life” tribute concert in Los Angeles last week. The star-studded event, benefitting The Mac Miller Circles Fund, featured performances from Anderson .Paak, Chance the Rapper, John Mayer, Miguel, ScHoolboy Q, SZA,Travis Scott, Ty Dolla $ign, and more.