B2K’s reunion tour kicked off last week, but it has already hit a snag.
On late Tuesday (Mar. 12), DeMario “Raz B” Thornton announced that he was dropping out of the group’s “Millennium Tour.” Taking to Instagram Stories, he revealed that he felt unsafe due to Chris Stokes’ involvement.
“Raz B is officially off the tour,” he said, adding, “I don’t feel safe because I feel like Chris Stokes is around, so guess what? I’m off the tour. Good luck to everybody. No disrespect to [Omarion], because he’s my brother.”
But he left the door open to possibly rejoining. “Omari, if you come talk to me and you want me to do this tour, I’ll do this tour. But I’m officially off the tour, K?”
In 2007, Raz B accused Stokes, his cousin and B2K’s former manager, of molesting him when he was 11 or 12 years old. Stokes, who directed films including House Party 4 and You Got Served, formed B2K in 1998 and managed the group along with Immature and Marques Houston.
“Oh, guess what? I guess we’re about to shoot the new ‘Surviving Chris Stokes’ movie, right? So call Lifetime ’cause I’m ready to talk,” Raz added, referencing Lifetime’s “Surviving R. Kelly” docuseries.
Stokes has denied the molestation allegations. “Negativity I will never play into. I never hurt any of B2K & Always had their best interest at heart including financially,” he tweeted in December. “I forgive any negative energy or tweets! God forgives and so do I.”
Negativity I will never play into. I never hurt any of B2K & Always had their best interest at heart including financially. I forgive any negative energy or tweets! God forgives and so do I. They back! Now stay positive in 2019 & Go get your tix! Enjoy them being back! Much love! pic.twitter.com/sSCRMCtdIM
— Chris Stokes (@chrisstokes1969) January 1, 2019
Raz B reunited with Omarion, Lil Fizz, and J-Boog for B2K’s highly-anticipated “Millenium Tour,” which kicked off March 8 in Pittsburgh with special guests Mario, Pretty Ricky, Lloyd, Ying Yang Twins, Chingy, and Bobby V.
Hours after threatening to quit, Raz decided that he would remain on the tour. “I am a work in progress,” he told fans. “I appreciate the outpouring of love, empathy, and understanding from my supporters. I look forward to continuing the Millennium Tour for our fans. You all deserve it!”
Raz B, along with the rest of B2K, is scheduled to perform Thursday (Mar. 14) at the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, New York. The group’s first tour in more than a decade, which travels to over 40 cities across the U.S., runs through May 26 in Las Vegas.