Mike Posner Bitten by Rattlesnake on Walk Across America
Mike Posner’s Walk Across America came to a sudden stop when he was bitten by a rattlesnake.
The singer-songwriter was making his way across Colorado on Wednesday (Aug. 7) after a 16-mile trek when he got bit by a baby rattler. According to TMZ, the snake jumped out of nowhere and sunk its teeth into his left leg. The bite was so bad that he had to be airlifted to a hospital to save his life.
The venom from the bite caused his feet to swell. “That venom is no joke!” wrote Mike, who also shared video of himself on a stretcher.
View this post on Instagram
Whatup doe!!! Crazy day yesterday! I had just crushed 16 miles and was going for 8 more when I got but by a baby rattlesnake! 🐍 That venom is no joke! I got to the hospital and got the anti-venom in time. Shout outs to G and Mike from the chopper team 🚁 and Bo and Cassie and Whitney (my nurses). I’ll be here a few days and will not be able to walk for several weeks but enjoying the AC and the nice bed, haven’t had those in a while Hahahaha! Can’t wait to get back on The Walk! KEEP GOING!!!!!!
He got to the hospital and received the anti-venom in time thanks to an emergency helicopter ride. He will remain in the hospital for a few days and won’t be able to continue his walk for several weeks.
“I’ll be here a few days and will not be able to walk for several weeks but enjoying the AC and the nice bed, haven’t had those in a while Hahahaha!” he said.
But he won’t let the bite stop him. He vows to get back on “The Walk” as soon as he’s able to. “Can’t wait to get back on The Walk! KEEP GOING!!!!!!” he added.
In March, Posner began his 9-month, 3,000-mile hike in Asbury Park, New Jersey, inspired by the deaths of his father and Avicii. He hopes to finish by October in Venice Beach, Calif.