It’s been nearly two months since Tory Lanez allegedly shot Megan Thee Stallion and no arrests have been made.
Now insiders are “concerned” why additional charges haven’t been filed against the Canadian rapper. “This case is open and shut and I’m very concerned that we’re still lingering here,” a source told Page Six. “It’s not being treated with the same level of resources and focus as if it was a white college student.”
The Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office has reportedly been given all the evidence necessary to move forward with the case, including witness statements, text messages, a 911 call, video, and medical records, which prove that Megan was shot because she suffered “gunshot wounds” on the night of the attack.
Megan originally tried to protect Tory by telling the police that she cut her feet on glass. “Megan wasn’t going to name names, she wasn’t going to go there — she wasn’t planning on talking to police,” added the source. “She was protecting herself. People in her camp and in Tory’s camp shut everyone down so fast you could barely blink. But there were lies that were being spread and she wasn’t going to stand for it.”
During an Instagram livestream on Aug. 20, Megan publicly accused Tory of shooting her. “Yes, this ni**a Tory shot me,” she said. “You shot me, and you got your publicist and your people going to these blogs lying and shit. Stop lying.”
The L.A. County District Attorney is considering charging Tory with felony assault with a firearm, but so far, he has only been arrested for possession of a concealed weapon. “The case is proceeding, it’s just not proceeding with the same urgency as I think it could,” an insider said. “It’s reckless, in my opinion, to delay. There’s risks involved if you don’t do something.”
Alex Spiro, who serves as Megan’s legal counsel at Roc Nation, said he and his team have been cooperative. “I can confirm we have turned over our investigation and files to the L.A. District Attorney’s office and that we remain concerned that, given the irrefutable evidence, they have yet to take action,” said Spiro.
A spokesperson for LADA told Page Six that “LAPD is investigating” and that “Hollywood Area detectives presented the case to the District Attorney’s Office.”
Earlier this week, it was reported that Tory apologized to Megan in a text shortly after the shooting in the Hollywood Hills on July 12. “I know u prolly never gone talk to me again, but I genuinely want u to know I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart,” he allegedly wrote, while claiming that he was intoxicated. “I was just too drunk.”