Tory Lanez

Tory Lanez Responds to Assault Charges

  /  10.09.2020

Tory Lanez is speaking out after being charged in the Megan Thee Stallion shooting.

Three months since the headline-making incident, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced on Thursday that the 28-year-old rapper had been charged with one felony count of assault with a semiautomatic firearm and one count of carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

On Friday, Tory took to Twitter to address the new assault charges and declare that the “truth will come to the light.”

“[Time] will [tell] … and the truth will come to the light … I have all faith in God to show that,” he tweeted on Friday.

He also thanked his supporters. “Love to all my fans and people that have stayed true to me & know my heart … a charge is not a conviction . If you have supported me or meg thru this , I genuinely appreciate u,” he added.

Megan has not commented since the charges were announced, but she previously accused Tory of shooting her in the feet during the July 12 incident in the Hollywood Hills. “Yes, this ni**a Tory shot me. You shot me,” she told fans during an Instagram livestream.

Tory released his album DAYSTAR last month on which he denies Megan’s accusations. If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months in state prison. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Oct. 13.

TRENDING

A Pregnant Summer Walker Is Rapping and Twerking in Her New Video

The R&B songstress makes her surprise rap debut.
11.22.2022

American Music Awards Producers Address Canceled Chris Brown Michael Jackson Tribute

Brown appeared to throw shade at the show’s low ratings after the cancellation.
11.22.2022

NBA YoungBoy Says He'll Never Rap Again for $100 Million

YoungBoy is ready to trade it all for a big bag.
11.24.2022

August Alsina Appears to Introduce New Boyfriend

The singer says he has found “a love that feels limitless.”
11.22.2022
View More

Sponsored Stories