After 50 Cent announced that he wanted to get in the ring with Floyd Mayweather, the boxing champ has responded to the proposed battle. Taking to Instagram on Wednesday (Feb. 3), Floyd said he would be happy to take on his former friend.
Floyd shared his upcoming fights for 2021, including his highly-anticipated match against Logan Paul, and revealed that he would be willing to add 50 to his exhibition schedule in a Winner Takes All fight at the end of the year.
“I also heard that 50 cent would fight me but claims I’m too small. If he wants to lace up at the end of the year, we can do an exhibition then,” said Floyd. “I don’t care about weight class with any of these guys. The Paul brothers will make great money with the events, but with 50 cent It has to be ‘Winner Take All’.”
During an interview with V-103’s “The Morning Culture” last week, 50 said he would fight Floyd in a celebrity boxing match, but expressed concern over their different weight classes. Floyd usually fights at 150 pounds, while 50 said he could get down to 180 pounds.
“I’d fight Floyd if I could get down there,” said 50, adding, “I don’t think I can make weight though.”
Floyd also said he’s down to fight Logan Paul’s younger brother, Jake, if the YouTuber defeats his upcoming opponent Ben Askren.