Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion

Tory Lanez Negotiating Possible Plea Deal in Megan Thee Stallion Case

Tory Lanez could strike a plea deal in his felony assault case involving Megan Thee Stallion.

On Thursday, a Los Angeles prosecutor revealed that “meaningful discussions” are underway that could resolve the case and avoid a preliminary hearing with witnesses.

“We’re in possible settlement discussions,” L.A. County Deputy District Attorney Kathy Ta told Rolling Stone after the hearing.

If no settlement is reached by the next court date on Nov. 3, a preliminary hearing will occur sometime in December.

Lanez was charged with felony assault for allegedly shooting the “Savage” rapper in the foot after they left a party in the Hollywood Hills on July 12. He has pleaded not guilty and is out of custody on $250,000 bail. He faces up to 22 years in prison if convicted.

Last month, a judge increased his bail from $190,000 for violating a protective order when he came within 100 yards of Megan at Rolling Loud Miami.

Prior to Thursday’s hearing, Tory cryptically tweeted “It’s been real” and cleared out his Instagram. However, a source told Rolling Stone that his social media activity had nothing to do with the criminal case.

He later laughed off the speculation. “Me at my house …. watching ni**as on Twitter celebrating and thinking I’m going to jail,” he tweeted alongside a meme of Wiz Khalifa.

Tory also took the opportunity to announce that his ’80s-inspired album Alone at Prom will arrive on Dec. 1