Megan Thee Stallion Opens Up About Alleged Tory Lanez Shooting in Emotional Interview
Megan Thee Stallion is sitting down for her first interview about the shooting allegedly involving Tory Lanez.
Speaking with Gayle King for “CBS Mornings,” the “Plan B” rapper got emotional as she reflected on the traumatic incident for which Tory pleaded not guilty to assault and weapons charges.
She confirmed that there was an argument in the car following a dispute in the Hollywood Hills in July 2020 during which Megan said she wanted to go, but the others passengers did not.
“That’s like normal friend stuff. We fuss about silly stuff all the time, but I never put my hands on anybody, I never raised my voice too loud,” she said. “This was one of them times where it was like, ‘It shouldn’t have got this crazy.'”
Megan exited the vehicle and it quickly escalated from there. “Everything happens so fast,” she said as tears filled her eyes. “And all I hear is this man screaming. He said, ‘Dance, bitch’ and he started shooting. And I’m just like, ‘Oh my God.’ He shot a couple of times and I was so scared.”
According to Megan, Tory was standing over the window shooting and she was afraid to move out of fear he could kill her. “I didn’t want to move too quick ’cause I’m like, ‘Oh my God, if I take the wrong step, I don’t know if he can shoot something that’s like super important and I don’t know if he could shoot me and kill me.'”
Megan was hospitalized and underwent surgery after being shot in the foot. When asked if she was “afraid for her life,” she said, “I was really scared ’cause I had never been shot at before.”
Earlier this month, Tory was taken into custody for tweeting about the shooting, a violation of the discovery protective order and personal contact order. He was released after posting $350,000 bail. A trial date has been set for Sept. 14.
Megan’s full interview with Gayle King will air Monday on “CBS Mornings.”