Terms of Service
Last Updated: June 15, 2022
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING ARBITRATION FOR U.S. CUSTOMERS: WHEN YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS YOU ARE AGREEING (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION) TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND RAP-UP THROUGH BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT. PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY SECTION 17 “DISPUTE RESOLUTION” BELOW FOR DETAILS REGARDING ARBITRATION.
1. Agreement to Terms. By using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by these Terms, do not use the Services.
3. Changes to these Terms or the Services. We may update the Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. If we do, we’ll let you know by posting the updated Terms on the Site, to the App and/or may also send other communications. It’s important that you review the Terms whenever we update them or you use the Services. If you continue to use the Services after we have posted updated Terms it means that you accept and agree to the changes. If you don’t agree to be bound by the changes, you may not use the Services anymore. Because our Services are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
4. Who May Use the Services?
(a) Age. You must be thirteen (13) years of age or older to participate in any activities or services offered on our Sites, and you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to participate in certain specified engagements.
(b) Sweepstakes and Contents. You must meet the designated minimum age requirements (for example, twenty-one (21) years of age or older) for the specific event. We will establish specific rules and terms for participation in each contest, sweepstakes and/or special event and will post this information on our Sites. We will not knowingly collect personal information from visitors under sixteen (16) years of age for these activities. Upon discovery of the participation of a person under sixteen (16) years of age in such activities, his/her registration or participation will be canceled immediately and all personal information will be deleted from our files.
5. Feedback. We appreciate feedback, comments, ideas, proposals and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). If you choose to submit Feedback, you agree that we are free to use it (or allow others to use it) without any restriction or compensation to you.
6. Fees. We reserve the right at any time to charge fees for access to the Services or to any specific new feature or content that we may introduce from time to time. In no event will you be charged for access to any Services unless we obtain your prior agreement to pay such fees. If you do not consent to the payment of such fees, however, you may not have access to paid content or services. Details regarding the content or services you will receive in exchange for fees, as well as the payment terms and conditions that apply, will be disclosed to you prior to your agreement to pay such fees. You agree to pay such fees if you sign up for any fee-based service. Any terms and conditions applicable to such fee-based services shall be deemed to be a part of (and are hereby incorporated by reference into) these Terms.
7. Your Content.
(a) Posting Content. Our Services may, at some time, allow you to store or share content such as text (in posts or communications with others), files, documents, graphics, images, music, software, audio and video. Anything (other than Feedback) that you post or otherwise make available through the Services is referred to as “User Content”. The provisions set forth below would apply in the event Rap-Up enables User Content. Rap-Up does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content.
(b) Permissions to Your User Content. By making any User Content available through the Services you grant to Rap-Up a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license (but with no obligation to use), with the right to sublicense, to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works based upon, distribute, publicly display, and publicly perform your User Content in any format or medium now known or later developed. Without limitation, we reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with User Content and to use User Content for advertising and promotional purposes without any compensation to you.
(c) Your Responsibility for User Content. You are solely responsible for all of your User Content. You represent and warrant that you have (and will have) all rights that are necessary to grant us the license rights in your User Content under these Terms. You represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor any use of your User Content by you or Rap-Up on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
(d) Removal of User Content. Rap-Up may enable you to remove your User Content by specifically deleting it. You should know that in certain instances, some of your User Content (such as posts or comments you make) may not be completely removed and copies of your User Content may continue to exist on the Services. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible or liable for the removal or deletion of (or the failure to remove or delete) any of your User Content. We may also review any User Content at any time for any reason or no reason.
(e) Rap-Up’s Intellectual Property. We may make available through the Services content that is subject to intellectual property rights. We retain all rights to that content. Such content is provided “as is,” and your use or reliance on such materials is solely at your own risk. We own all rights, title, and interests in any compilation, collective work or other derivative work and any modifications created by us using or incorporating your User Content (but not your User Content).
8. No Endorsements. The Site contains facts, views, opinions and statements of third parties, visitors and other organizations. Neither Rap-Up nor our affiliates represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed or distributed through the Site, except to the extent expressly disclosed by us or our affiliates, or required to be disclosed by us or our affiliates, under the FTC’s Native Advertising guidelines (https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/native-advertising-guide-businesses). You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such advice, opinions, statement or other information shall be at your sole risk and you agree that Rap-Up shall not be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused in any way whatsoever related to any advice, opinions, statements or other information displayed or distributed on the Site. You may not represent or imply to others that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by Rap-Up.
9. Rights and Terms for Apps.
(a) App License. If you comply with these Terms, Rap-Up grants to you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license, with no right to sublicense, to download and install the App on your personal computers, mobile handsets, tablets, wearable devices, and/or other devices and to run the App solely for your own personal non-commercial purposes. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not: (i) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the App; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the App to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the App (unless applicable law permits, despite this limitation); or (iv) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means.
(b) Additional Information: Apple App Store. This Section 8(b) applies to any App that you acquire from the Apple App Store or use on an iOS device. Apple has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App. In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the App purchase price to you (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the App or your possession and use of it, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third-party claim that your possession and use of the App infringe that third party’s intellectual property rights. Apple and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of the Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof. You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a terrorist-supporting country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You must also comply with any applicable third-party terms of service when using the App.
10. General Prohibitions and Rap-Up’s Enforcement Rights. You agree not to do any of the following:
(a) Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any User Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
(b) Use, display, mirror or frame the Services or any individual element within the Services, Rap-Up’s name, any Rap-Up trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Rap-Up’s express written consent;
(c) Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Rap-Up’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Rap-Up’s providers;
(d) Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Rap-Up system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
(e) Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Rap-Up or any of Rap-Up’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services;
(f) Attempt to access or search the Services or download content from the Services using any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Rap-Up or other generally available third-party web browsers;
(g) Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
(h) Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Rap-Up trademark, logo URL or product name without Rap-Up’s express written consent;
(i) Use the Services, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
(j) Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
(k) Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services;
(l) Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
(m) Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
(n) Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
(o) Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
(p) Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Rap-Up is not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or to review or edit any content. However, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any content, including User Content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider it objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law. Any conduct by a user that violates these Terms in any way may result in the suspension or termination of the user’s registration and access to the Sites, in Rap-Up’s sole discretion, in addition to any other remedies. The Site may provide interactive activities on a number of topics, but our staff or volunteer hosts participating in these activities do not offer professional advice of any kind and are speaking from their own experience or opinion as is helpful for the facilitation of the dialogue. Our staff and the hosts claim no professional expertise or authority.
11. DMCA/Copyright Policy. Rap-Up respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. It is Rap-Up’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances account holders who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders. In the event Rap-Up enables User Content through the Services, please contact us at:
9200 W. Sunset Blvd., 3rd Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90026
12. Links to Third Party Websites or Resources. The Services (including the App) may allow you to access third-party websites or other resources. We provide access only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party resources.
13. Termination. We may suspend or terminate your access to and use of the Services, including suspending access to or terminating your account, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. Rap-Up shall not be liable to you or any third party for removing your User Content or suspending or terminating your access to the Services (or any portion thereof). You may request to cancel your account at any time by sending us an email here. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of the Services or your account, the following Sections will survive: 7(b), 7(c), 7(e), 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19.
14. Warranty Disclaimers. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any information or content on the Services.
15. Indemnity. You will indemnify and hold Rap-Up and its affiliated entities and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees arising out of or in any way connected with (a) your access to or use of the Services, (b) your User Content, or (c) your violation of these Terms. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim. You may not settle any such claim with our prior written consent.
16. Limitation of Liability.
(a) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER RAP-UP, ITS AFFILIATES OR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUES, LOST SAVINGS, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT RAP-UP OR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
(b) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL RAP-UP’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID OR ARE PAYABLE BY YOU TO RAP-UP FOR USE OF THE SERVICES IN THE THREE MONTHS PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE FIRST CLAIM ARISING UNDER THESE TERMS OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS TO RAP-UP, AS APPLICABLE.
(c) THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN RAP-UP AND YOU.
17. Governing Law and Forum Choice. These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, federal arbitration law, and the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in Section 18 “Dispute Resolution,” the exclusive jurisdiction for all Disputes (defined below) that you and Rao-Up are not required to arbitrate will be the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles County, and you and Rap-Up each waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
18. Dispute Resolution.
(a) Mandatory Arbitration of Disputes. We each agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the Services (collectively, “Disputes”) will be resolved solely by binding, individual arbitration and not in a class, representative or consolidated action or proceeding. You and Rap-Up agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these Terms, and that you and Rap-Up are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms.
(b) Exceptions. As limited exceptions to Section 18(a) above: (i) we both may seek to resolve a Dispute in small claims court if it qualifies; and (ii) we each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to prevent (or enjoin) the infringement or misappropriation of our intellectual property rights.
(c) Conducting Arbitration and Arbitration Rules. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by these Terms. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. A party who wishes to start arbitration must submit a written Demand for Arbitration to AAA and give notice to the other party as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at www.adr.org.
Any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) where you live, unless we both agree to a different location. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to decide all issues relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability and scope of this arbitration agreement.
(d) Arbitration Costs. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules, and we won’t seek to recover the administration and arbitrator fees we are responsible for paying, unless the arbitrator finds your Dispute frivolous. If we prevail in arbitration we’ll pay all of our attorneys’ fees and costs and won’t seek to recover them from you. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses to the extent provided under applicable law.
(e) Injunctive and Declaratory Relief. Except as provided in Section 18(b) above, the arbitrator shall determine all issues of liability on the merits of any claim asserted by either party and may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. To the extent that you or we prevail on a claim and seek public injunctive relief (that is, injunctive relief that has the primary purpose and effect of prohibiting unlawful acts that threaten future injury to the public), the entitlement to and extent of such relief must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration. The parties agree that litigation of any issues of public injunctive relief shall be stayed pending the outcome of the merits of any individual claims in arbitration.
(f) Class Action Waiver. YOU AND RAP-UP AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, if the parties’ Dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution section shall be null and void.
(g) Severability. With the exception of any of the provisions in Section 18(f) of these Terms (“Class Action Waiver”), if an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction decides that any part of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of these Terms will still apply.
19. General Terms.
(a) Modifications to the Services. We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Services with or without notice to you. Without limitation to the preceding sentence, we may periodically schedule system downtime for maintenance and other purposes. You also acknowledge that unplanned system outages may occur. The Internet site is provided over the Internet and so the quality and availability of the site may be affected by factors outside our reasonable control. Accordingly, we cannot accept any responsibility for any connectivity issues that you may experience when using the Services or for any loss of material, data, transactions or other information caused by system outages, whether planned or unplanned. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party should Rap-Up exercise its right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Services.
(b) Communications. The Services may offer mobile SMS/text message and mobile alerts updates as a text messaging/mobile email service. By using the service, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms. Please note that to process your requests for this service, you may be charged a fee to send and receive messages based on the terms of your wireless service. Check your wireless service provider if you have questions about your service plan. By signing up for the Services and providing us with your wireless number, you confirm that you want us to send you information regarding your account or transactions with us and that we think may be of interest to you, which may include using automated dialing technology to text you at the wireless number you provided, and you agree to receive communications from us, and you represent and warrant that each person you register for the Services or for whom you provide a wireless phone number has consented to receive communications from us.
(c) Reservation of Rights. Rap-Up, its Affiliates and their respective licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services.
(d) Entire Agreement. These Terms, together with the terms of any end user license agreement to which you agree when downloading any software that we make available through the Services and any additional terms to which you agree when using particular elements of the Services (for example, terms specific to a site within the network of Sites or relating to the payment of fees for certain Services content or services), constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Rap-Up and you regarding the Services, and supersede and replace all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Rap-Up and you regarding the Services. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and any additional terms to which you agree when using particular elements of the Services, these Terms shall govern. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable by an arbitrator or a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Rap-Up’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null. Rap-Up may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
(e) Notices. Any notices or other communications provided by Rap-Up under these Terms will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Services. For notices made by email, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
(f) Waiver of Rights. Rap-Up’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Rap-Up. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
20. Contact Information. If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact Rap-Up at https://www.rap-up.com/contact-us/