If A$AP Rocky was not a rapper, he would be a “music video-directing fashion stylist.” Dripped in designer labels (A.P.C. denim, Jeremy Scott sneakers, and a Stussy track jacket and hat), the 23-year-old overachiever says, “This is just my streetwear. Tomorrow I think I might wear Margiela or something.”
Rocky’s name is on every hip-hop head’s tongue these days, including Drake, who’s been co-signing him heavy. His rhymes are steeped in southern simplicity (odd, since he’s from Harlem) and his demeanor is calm and confident, with an occasional tiptoe on the borderline of cocky.
“I don’t feel pressure when people are talking about me,” reveals Rocky. “I do this, so the pressure ain’t a bad thing. It makes me more anxious in a productive way.”
Polo Grounds Music/RCA Records is on the verge of re-releasing his lauded mixtape, Live.Love.A$AP, in a deluxe edition with “better mastering and some amazing beats by A$AP Ty Beats, Clams Casino, and a few tracks that the ladies will be feelin’.” While he bigs up his own crew constantly, A$AP has his heart set on working with Pharrell on his debut album, which will drop in the new year.
The self-proclaimed “pretty muthafu**a” opens up to Rap-Up.com about his love for Asher Roth, flying wizards, and Canadians.
1. You’re not from Houston, but you’ve been influenced by the Southern music scene. How so?
2. You’ve said that Asher Roth is one of the most talented rappers. Why?
3. Who are your top five MCs?
4. If you could remix or throw a verse on one of MJ’s songs, which one would it be?
5. Do you have any affiliation to Aesop Rock?
6. What’s Drake like as a friend?
7. Word is that you’re a Harry Potter fan. What makes him so universal?
8. Who is your biggest fan?
9. Are you careful about what you say in your music because she’s listening?
10. You really thrive on that groupie love though. Who would you be a groupie for?
Leave a Reply
MOST READ STORIES OF THE WEEK
©Copyright 2014 Rap-Up.com. Rap-Up® is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. VPS hosting by (mt)